6/21/2013

Eggwhite wraps with spinach, fresh figs and serrano 
So really, I don't eat red meat. I haven't had steak, sausage or bacon since I can't even remember and I'm very fine with that. However, Maria came to visit me last week and she had brought some (quite a lot) Spanish jamon serrano and I figured it'd be rude not to try. So I did, today, and I take full responsibility for the nausea that followed -- but let me just say, it was good! At least in combo with the fresh figs, I dare to say it was excellent; on it's own I thought it was far too meaty. Here's a wrap recipe that serves 2, moderated by the original recipe by Hanna Göransson. 

2 eggwhites
1 tbsp milk of free choice
1 tbsp ground almonds (original recipe is coconut flour) 
1/2 tsp rye (original recipe is 'fiberhusk') 
herbal salt
pepper
cumin 
garlic powder 
turmeric 

Mix everything together in a bowl/fry in coconut oil on both sides until golden brown/serve with bacon, fresh figs and spinach. Voila!